Assignment - Directing Shots Music Video
- You are to produce a music video that showcases all the different types of shots – see below for the required shots. You will work with the Grade 10 Media Arts class.
- You can repeat the various shot, however you must have at least two of each (20+ in total). You cannot use one shot for another shot; it’s one, or the other. Additional shots, angles, and movement can also be included.
- Pick an appropriate song that suitable for a Catholic School environment. Your song choice and completed storyboard or script must be submitted before you can shoot.
- The length of the video will be based upon the length of your song that will include all the required shots. Please keep it under 3 minutes.
- The video cannot depict any suggestion of violence, killing, bullying, or anything that could be considered offensive to others and/or inappropriate in a School environment. Please use your discretion. If you have questions regarding this, please see me for clarification.
- You must follow all school rules for your video. No PEDs, and in full uniform – these seem to be the two biggest rules missed. If you really need to shoot your video out of uniform then all shots must be done within the Comm Tech Class or Studio.
- All shots must be done within the school on the first floor only. Also, do not take the equipment outside or film inside washrooms/changerooms. Any space beyond the Library doors is a Public space and therefore you won’t be able to film there. Ask permission to shot in office, chapel, or other areas where you might cause a distraction.
- The equipment must always be in you or your partner’s hands. No other students are to ‘try’ or use your camera or any other equipment at any time. Failure of this rule will result in no use of school’s equipment.
- You and your partner are the characters in the video. Do not add anyone else to your video. Also, all video footage must be setup and taped by you or your partner; not by another person (use the tripod).
- All shots should be done using the tripod or so steady that it appears that it was shot on the tripod (dolly).
- Refer below for a list of all the shots required.
- All video will be edited using iMovie.
- Your video must have music video titles (preset is located in iMovie titling)
- Scrolling credits will appear at the end of the video indicating who did what in your production using white Helvetica font with black background. Remember that acting is not a technical skill and will not be considered as a contribution to your creation.
- Your final piece must be submitted (Shared) as Movie Large Quality. Both Grade 10s and Grade 12s must submit to the Dropbox for evaluation.
The 10 Required Shots
Remember from point 2: you must include 2 of each of these 10 required shots.